– RESERVATIONS ONLY – We are using a reservation system this season, which will allow 10 guests to pre-pay and reserve a single kayak, a double kayak, or a Stand-Up paddleboard for one hour every 30 minutes. Rowing Guests can rent sculls between 6 am and 9 am at Thompsons Boat Center only. You will be able to sign up on the Thompson Boat Center and Wharf Boathouse pages and through the links on our social media channels. Guests are currently only able to rent at Thompson’s Boat Center and The Wharf Boathouse. ALL Season Plan holders must use the reservation system.
– After a reservation is made guests must fill out a waiver online, the link to the waiver will be in the confirmation email received by the guest. ALL guests must fill out waivers ahead of time.
– ALL guests Must Wear a Mask, anytime on the dock, and during Launch. No mask, no entry.
– ALL guests Must maintain social distancing guidelines and stand 6ft apart while waiting to be launched at the dock.
– Boating in DC Staff will be wearing face masks at all times. Boating in DC staff will be in close contact with you when helping to launch you into the water. Please keep this in mind. We will do as much as we can while maintaining social distancing, but in order to get you safely in the water, we must be near to you.
– ALL equipment, kayaks/SUPs, lifejackets, and paddles will be sanitized after every use.
– ALL guests must return to the same dock they launched from.
– Limited Restroom use will be available, but the rest of the indoor facility at Thompsons Boat Center will be closed.
– No buddy boats are included in the reservation system.
– No lockers or dry bags will be available for now, but that is subject to change.
– There will not be a place to change clothes on-site, please arrive ready to paddle.
– Food and drink may not be available at every site so please bring your own if needed.
– Changing the type of boat you wish to rent after a reservation has been made will be very difficult, so please know what boats you want when you are making your reservation.
*We are working in unprecedented times, and we know that this season will be tough. We appreciate your patience and please bear with us so that we all can enjoy our time on the water. If you need any assistance during the reservation process, please call our call center for help. Their number is 202-337-9642.